Welcome to the first step in enhancing your quality of life!
You may be wondering what sets Eudaimonic Coaching & Eudaimonic Hypnotherapy (eudaimonic is pronounced 'You-Day-Monic') apart from other forms of coaching or hypnotherapy...
Eudaimonic Hypnotherapy& Coaching ™ is a triple approach - created by Joseph S. Plowman BSc (Hons), MSc (Applied Psy) - rooted in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Hypnotherapy, and Positive Psychology: the Science of Human Strengths and Well-Being.
The Ancient Greek term 'eudaimonic' refers to human functioning that is integral to a well-lived life. This functioning results in the state of being 'eudaimon,' which is a Western philosophical and psychological notion similar to 'enlightenment' in the East. However, a life that is eudaimon is based on cutting-edge research on living The Good Life. A person who lives a life that is eudaimon is therefore an optimal human being from the perspective of Positive Psychology and thus displays eudaimonic functioning. Achieving this functioning is therefore the goal of Eudaimonic Hypnotherapy and Eudaimonic Coaching.
Evidence-Based Approach Towards Flourishing
As such, this approach is evidence-based, seeking to utilize the sum total of positive psychological knowledge with hypnotic approaches so as to identify and evoke your human strengths and resources. However, it is all-encompassing in that in order to function optimally, positive and negative factors need to be addressed. Therefore, it is NOT just about positive thinking! (It is a common misconception that Positive Psychology is about 'positive thinking' or other simplistic approaches. It isn't; it is a rigorous scientific discipline with major academic textbooks, some of which you can see on this site's main page, devoted to research and application.)
Treatment, Prevention and Enhancement
Thus, Eudaimonic Hypnotherapy & Coaching™ can be utilized from both a life coaching perspective to enable peak experience (still rooted in evidence-based psychological models) as well as from a therapeutic perspective to resolve states of anxiety, depression, and other problems in living. As a result, this intervention and coaching model can address both negative states and positive states, with the latter further helping to 'undo' negative states as revealed by research on positive emotion. By combining these issues under the philosophical and psychological approaches towards eudaimonia (the philosophical and psychological term for 'flourishing') a more comprehensive experience in both breadth and depth is created.
Some elements of Eudaimonic Hypnotherapy & Coaching
1. The Philosophy and Science of Positive Psychology (e.g., identifying strengths).
2. Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy and Hypnotherapy to change limiting beliefs (e.g., Multimodal Therapy; Cognitive Therapy; Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and Philosophy). Based around a unique REAP what you SOW™ modelof Well-Being and WISE™ goals.
3. Solution-Oriented Approaches, NLP and Ericksonian Hypnosis.
4. Eudaimonic Coaching's unique 'PEP Talk'™ method (Peak Experience Profiling™) to identify the structure of your best experiences.
5. Weight-management and self-image issues addressed via The Inner Beauty Model (IBM)™. This model draws on virtue-based philosophy and positive psychology to identify and appreciate personal virtues (i.e., values) and character strengths. Virtue-based theories hold that 'only good character' is the source of real beauty, not external appearances and social conventions. As a result you will be guided to identify your values, strengths and admirable qualities which, in turn, will lead to more effortless (i.e., self-expressive) weight-management. When we act from our best self change comes naturally.
In short, Phenomenal Psychology™ and Eudaimonic Hypnotherapy & Coaching™ is a positive synthesis that evokes positive experiences and capabilities to create deep change via integrating conscious and unconscious processes.
What to do? Go to the Contact page to book an appointment!
Phenomenal Psychology, Eudaimonic Hypnotherapy, and Eudaimonic Coaching, are copyrighted and trademarked by Mr J. S. Plowman M.Sc. at 5:45pm PST on Monday, February 23, 2015. The rights to the intellectual property of these original terms due to their intellectual content is hereby asserted.