Welcome to the first step in enhancing your quality of life!
You may be wondering what sets Phenomenal Psychology, Phenomenal Hypnotherapy and Phenomenal Coaching apart from other forms of coaching or hypnotherapy. It has to do with the combined elements of cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy, positive psychology, and hypnodynamic techniques.
Phenomenal Psychology, Phenomenal Hypnotherapy and Phenomenal Coaching are rooted in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Hypnotherapy, and especially Positive Psychology: the Science of Human Strengths and Well-Being. These elements form the theoretical rationale and much of the techniques of phenomenal hypnotherapy and phenomenal coaching. The aim is to lead to phenomenal experiences and behaviour. Much of this is achieved through phenomenology: exploring the structure of your experience via skilled questioning and various techniques for transforming your experience in desired directions. The Ancient Greek term 'eudaimonic' (pronounced ‘you-day-monic’) refers to human functioning that is integral to a well-lived life. This functioning results in the state of being 'eudaimon,' which is a Western philosophical and psychological notion similar to 'enlightenment’ in the East. However, a life that is eudaimon is now based on cutting-edge research on living The Good Life. A person who lives a life that is eudaimon is therefore an optimal human being from the perspective of Positive Psychology and thus displays eudaimonic functioning. We can more commonly say, in everyday language, that their experience and behaviour is phenomenal. They are flourishing. Achieving this eudaimonic or flourishing functioning is therefore the goal of Phenomenal Psychology, Phenomenal Hypnotherapy and Phenomenal Coaching.
Evidence-Based Approach Towards Flourishing
As such, this approach is evidence-based, seeking to utilize the sum total of positive psychological knowledge with hypnotic approaches so as to identify and evoke your human strengths and resources. However, it is all-encompassing in that in order to function optimally, positive and negative factors need to be addressed. Therefore, it is NOT just about positive thinking! (It is a common misconception that Positive Psychology is about 'positive thinking' or other simplistic approaches. It isn't; it is a rigorous scientific discipline with major academic textbooks, some of which you can see on this site's main page, devoted to research and application.)
Treatment, Prevention and Enhancement
Thus, Phenomenal Hypnotherapy & Phenomenal Coaching can be utilized from both a life coaching perspective to enable peak experience (still rooted in evidence-based psychological models) as well as from a therapeutic perspective to resolve states of anxiety, depression, and other problems in living. As a result, this intervention and coaching model can address both negative states and positive states, with the latter further helping to 'undo' negative states as revealed by research on positive emotion. By combining these issues under the philosophical and psychological approaches towards eudaimonia (the philosophical and psychological term for 'flourishing') a more comprehensive experience in both breadth and depth is created.
Some elements of Phenomenal Psychology, Phenomenal Hypnotherapy & Phenomenal Coaching
1. The Philosophy and Science of Positive Psychology (e.g., identifying strengths).
2. Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy and Hypnotherapy to change limiting beliefs (e.g., Multimodal Therapy; Cognitive Therapy; Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and Philosophy). Based around a unique REAP what you SOW™ model of Well-Being and WISE™ goals.
3. Solution-Oriented Approaches, NLP and Ericksonian Hypnosis.
4. Phenomenal Coaching's 'PEP Talk' method (Peak Experience Profiling) to identify and apply the structure of your best experiences.
5. Weight-management and self-image issues addressed via The Inner Virtue Model (IVM). This model draws on virtue-based philosophy and positive psychology to identify and appreciate personal virtues (i.e., values) and character strengths. Virtue-based theories hold that 'only good character' is the source of real beauty, not external appearances and social conventions. As a result you will be guided to identify your values, strengths and admirable qualities which, in turn, will lead to more effortless (i.e., self-expressive) weight-management. When we act from our best self change comes naturally.
In short, Phenomenal Psychology, PhenomenalHypnotherapy & Phenomenal Coaching is a positive synthesis that evokes positive experiences and capabilities to create deep change via integrating conscious and unconscious processes.
What to do? Go to the Connect Now page to book an appointment or a free consultation.
Phenomenal Psychology, Eudaimonic and Phenomenal Hypnotherapy, and Eudaimonic and Phenomenal Coaching, are copyrighted and trademarked by Mr J. S. Plowman M.Sc. at 5:45pm PST on Monday, February 23, 2015. The rights to the intellectual property of these original terms due to their intellectual content is hereby asserted.